Copyright © 1995–2011. International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP). All rights reserved. Parts of this website may be quoted as long as ICAP is duly recognized. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted for commercial purposes without prior permission from the International Center for Alcohol Policies.
Conditions for the Reproduction and/or Translation
We welcome dissemination of ICAP publications and materials available on our website through translation and/or reproduction. For your convenience, you may use this form to request permission to translate and/or reproduce ICAP work. Several conditions must be met in order to obtain such permission:
- The translated material or reproduction should not be used in association with commercial or promotional activities.
- The translated material or reproduction must appropriately acknowledge its source, either as a footnote or in the reference list. For instance, in case of a translation, such acknowledgement should state:
"Originally published in [language]: [Full citation, including Author(s), Title, etc.]
Copyright © [Year] by International Center for Alcohol Policies. Translated and/or reproduced by permission of the International Center for Alcohol Policies."
The translated publication or reproduction must retain all disclaimers from the original. For instance:
"The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the individual author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the International Center for Alcohol Policies or its sponsors."
In the case of translations, the disclaimer(s) should appear in both English and the target language(s):
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to seek copyright permission for any material (for example, figures, artwork, text boxes) that has appeared in ICAP work with credit or acknowledgement to another source.
- A final proof of the translation or reproduction must be sent to ICAP before publication for approval.
- A copy of the translated material or reproduction must be sent to ICAP after publication.
- ICAP shall hold copyright to any translated or reproduced material.